15 Reasons Why Social Media Should Be Part of Your Online Marketing Strategy.
Whether you love or loathe Social Media in your personal life, it should be something you make an effort to get to grips with for your business. Don’t believe me? Take a look at these 15 facts.
1. In order to save 25% or more, 67% of customers will like a Facebook page and 17% will tweet or retweet a deal.
2. Social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing
3. Social media users who receive excellent customer service from brands spend on average 21% more than non-social customers
4. 74% of brand marketers saw an increase in website traffic after investing just 6 hours per week on social media
5. People are 25% more likely to buy a product that they would be proud to own if it has social media buttons next to it Tweet
6. 20% of Facebook users have purchased something because of ads or comments they saw there.
7. In an analysis of more than 60 Facebook marketing campaigns, 49% reported a return on investment of more than five times, while 70% had a return on investment greater than three times.
8. 53% of active adult social networkers follow a brand
9. Internet users spend 22.5% of their online time social networking
10. 91% of online adults use social media regularly
11. 44% of marketers have acquired customers via Twitter
12. 55% of consumers share their purchases socially on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social sites
13. 77% of B2C companies and 42% of B2B companies have acquired customers through Facebook
14. Brands have seen a 46% increase in user engagement with the new Timeline format in Facebook?
15. Facebook users generate 2.5 times more page views than Twitter and almost twice as many as Pinterest (FB 7, Pinterest 4.1, Twitter 2.7) There you have it, pretty powerful numbers to convince even the most sceptical of social media users.
What are your thoughts on Social media for business? Have you noticed any particular trends from using it within your own business? Let us know!